Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Living, Blooming, Joyful Hope

'The grass withers, the flower fades, but the Word of our God stands forever'

I love flowers! I love to see the artistry of God in each color, variety and
hue. I love the hope that flowers bring to us in the spring. It is awe-inspiring
to see the earth as it renews itself after the long harsh winter.

Each year I spend a great deal of time and money selecting just the right variety flower for just the right spot in my garden. No matter these efforts, however. when fall comes for just as the year before the flower fades away and it's beauty is gone. All of the hope and promise of spring dies.

Man's hope in all it's glory is much the same as my flowers. All of the dreams men can dream will fade away. All of the money, power and fame will die. Just like my flowers the aspirations will bloom and be glorious for a brief moment in time.

How different is my hope as a believer! I belong to another land and am but passing through this one. My hope is not in a flower that fades, but in an eternal Living Christ! My future dreams and hopes are in a literal place where He dwells! My daily hope is in a living and breathing Word!

The hymn writer states it "My hope is in the Lord, who gave Himself for me and paid the price for all my sin at Calvary. For me, He died! For me, He lives! And everlasting light and life He freely gives!"

No comments: