Thursday, January 29, 2009

For Christie

Christie is one of the loveliest teenagers you could hope to meet. Christie is an artist, pianist
and loves to ride horses. She is close to her parents and her love for them shines in her eyes.

Not long ago Christie was on a horseback ride. There was an accident and Christie was
thrown from the back of the horse. She had multiple problems and was in for quite a
fight! Despite injuries all over her body and to her brain...she has fought to come back and
to move forward!

This fall she went to art school in Charleston, SC. She has been doing great and
maneuvering well being out on her own. This past week she suffered a setback. Christie
had the third seizure within about an eighteen month period. This dealt a devastating blow
to both Christie and her parents.

Christie has been looking forward to driving again but this seizure means another four
month wait. Her father wrote tonight of her fears and their struggle to keep up her
courage. God laid the following on my heart! Perhaps it will encourage you...even as it did
me.
I am unsure of the writers of these first two verses... the Holy Spirit just dictated to me
what to write down for Christie and her parents on CaringBridge.Com. This is where they
communicate by email with friends and family.


"O LOVE, that will not let me go
I rest my weary soul in Thee
And give Thee back the life I owe
That in its depths the flow might richer-fuller be!"

"He giveth more grace when the burdens grow greater.
He sendeth more strength when the labors increase!
To added affliction, He addeth His mercy!
To multiplied trials- His multiplied peace!
His love- has no limit!
His grace- has no measure!
His power has no boundary known unto man.
For out of His infinite riches in Jesus
He giveth, and giveth, and giveth again!"

I was disappointed Lord
You said, "wait on Me"
I said, "but I'm so tired, Lord"
He said, "wait-you'll see"
I said, "Let this be over, Lord"
He said, "there will be an end"
I said, "What's the lesson, Lord"
He said, "that on Me you will depend".

So I wait for His salvation in the trial I must face
Ever mindful every moment of unending love-
amazing grace!
His love for me is so strong....
Though the waters are so deep
He'll keep me safe
He'll be my anchor
He will never, never leave
He will be my rock, my fortress
He's my God!
My Breath!
My Friend!
And I learn through every trial that on Him
I can depend.


Isa 40:28-31
"Hast Thou not known? Hast thou not not heard
that the Everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator
of the ends of the earth, fainteth not
neither is weary? There is no searching of
HIS understanding.

He giveth power to the faint,
and to them that hath no might He increaseth
Strength.

Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and
the young men shall utterly fall.

But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their
strength.
They shall mount up with wings as eagles
They shall run and not be weary
They shall walk and not faint!"(RSH)


God be with you all! Praying for strength and
hope and more courage for Christie!
God will hold her tightly!

Love to you all

No comments: