Friday, February 13, 2009

Hushed and Holy Night

Deep blue seas full of twinkling lights. The sky has always intrigued me, especially the
night sky! I love the quietness and peacefulness that it brings cutting all the noise of
my life and for just a few moments filling my soul with awe. One must breathe it in for
if one breathes it in it gives a deep joy.

place where we can receive instruction or where our life can touch and lift another's.
My house is situated somewhat below a busy airport. In the evening, if I look up into
the sky, I can literally see fifteen to twenty airplanes all criss-crossing above in the
deep blue sky. It is truly an amazing sight to see so many planes and yet none of
them are running into each other!

Then I am struck with the thought, is this not like God? He is constantly seeing the
millions of people on our planet and moving each one at precisely the right time to
precisely the right place. He takes individuals from Pennsylvania to work in Florida. He
moves children from Kenya to the United States. He brings a German couple to
North Carolina. Constantly he is working in each persons life. He brings us to the

Is it not awe-inspiring to view the many intersects of people God is constantly
viewing? Is it not amazing to think that he moves them as perfectly as he moves the
stars in the sky or keeps planes in particular flight paths? As you take it in do you
not think with the Psalmist...

"O Lord our Lord, how excellent is your name in all the earth!" Psa 8:1

"The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth His handiwork.
Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge." Psa. 19:1-2

"When I remember Thee upon my bed, and meditate on Thee in the night watches" Psa. 63:6

1 comment:

Jean said...

Yes, Lord! Our great and astounding God!

Jean