Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Meditation

I Chronicles 23:30-31 "They are to stand every morning and to thank and
to praise the LORD, and likewise at evening, and to offer all burnt offerings
to the LORD, on the Sabbaths, the new moons and the fixed festivals" NASB

Several days ago I read this passage in morning devotions. I have been
mulling on it since...

My dog Meah woke me up today to tell me it was time for her to go out. As
I sleepily pulled clothes on and grabbed her leash, I stepped out the door
into the most delightful symphony! It was still dark. Light was just faintly
appearing in the sky. Yet from the forest behind the house...the birds
were singing the most beautiful songs of praise to God.

It was such a compelling joy to hear them that I sat down on the swing and
with Meah (my black lab) at my feet, I quietly took in the praise! And with
their background of beautiful sound I watched the dawn come across the sky
and set it ablaze with glowing light.

What a time the Levites must have had as they stood every morning and praised
God and again at evening! I need to join with them to praise His name!

A few years ago I saw a movie where angels were shown to stand on the beach
every morning facing the sunrise and the heavens as day dawned. They did the
same at the top of cities during the day and again at night by the beach. Though
that account is fictional...it did give me a picture of how many angels must
be around us at all times if we could see them. Yet I was reminded of it
again today thinking of them standing in the morning, at noon and in the evening.

The Muslim people pray 7 times a day toward Mecca. Yet as Christians...I
wonder what people might do...if the witnessed our standing twice a day to
praise the Lord?

1 comment:

Jean said...

They'd label us as fanatics and forbid their children to speak to us, probably.

Lord, let each moment of my days
Be a song of endless praise
Unto You, Most Holy One,
Father, Spirit, Blessed Son.

Jean